Front End Developer
Our Client is an independent financial services firm that specializes in the global alternative investments industry. They are service oriented and technology intensive, providing comprehensive services and software that include operations outsourcing, custom development and technology for global investment managers.
The new products development team builds web applications that power new business initiatives, modernize and enhance and improve the working experience for our staff and clients. We’re looking for an experienced Front-End Developer to help build the next generation of financial services applications for alternative investment markets.
You’ll be joining a small development team in our Toronto office, with other team members distributed around the globe. There will be an opportunity to move to full remote work, if desired, as the team grows and establishes itself.
Your main responsibility will be translating business specifications and screen wireframes into functional, high-performance web pages. You’ll work with the team’s Senior Developer to plan front-end implementations and then execute on those plans. Working with UX/UI Designers and the business stakeholders, you’ll apply best practices for modern SaaS applications. You’ll become expert at combining the business requirements from the product lead with the wireframes and user experience goals from designers, informing both to create highly polished front-end features.
• 5+ years professional experience as a front-end web application developer
• A Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields of study
• Experience with financial services web applications
• Experience with Microsoft cloud services, including SQL Database (SQLaaS)
• Enthusiasm for UX/UI best practices
• Experience working with Jira and Subversion
• Experience working as part of a remote/distributed team
• Experience providing direction, feedback, and code review for junior developers