Regional Financial Controller
USD $130K-$150K plus bonus
- Prepare month-end accounts ensuring the completeness and accuracy of accounting entries (including accruals, prepaids and estimates being updated monthly) for both Cayman and the BVI offices.
- Prepare all required financial reporting; including the preparation of monthly financial statements (with variance analysis) for Cayman and the BVI as well as the Cayman monthly OMP report (with input from local business support managers on projects and key focus).
- Prepare forecast income statements for Cayman and the BVI.
- Manage the annual budget process in line with the group timetable (including the preparation of the operating, capital and cash flow budgets) for both Cayman and the BVI.
- Manage accounts payable for both Cayman and the BVI.
- Control fee earners’ aged receivables through the management of the Cayman collection process.
- Manage cash flow, including cash flow projections for the Cayman and BVI offices.
- Monitor financial performance versus the annual budget and assist non-financial managers with monitoring their budgets as required.
- Brief Cayman OMP and/or partners on all relevant aspects of financial performance as presented in the monthly OMP report.
- Identify control and procedural inefficiencies, manage change and implement processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function and the Cayman business as a whole.
- Lead and supervise the Cayman Finance Department, including completing the Cayman Finance Department appraisals.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulatory requirements and if applicable tax requirements.
- Prepare financial and other analysis from time to time as requested by the OMP, Director of Finance, Head of Business Support, Partners or other business support managers in both the Cayman and BVI offices.
- Manage the annual audit process and the production of the annual financial statements in accordance with the appropriate standards.
- Assist with finance projects as requested by the Director of Finance.
- Consider suggestions and feedback from staff and where practical, implement new procedures and effectively communicate these changes to staff.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the OMP, Director of Finance, or Head of Business Support.
- An internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CA, ACA, CPA or equivalent) with a minimum of three years post qualification
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- At least three years of prior management experience with strong managing skills, with the ability to create clear goals, foster accountability, and ownership, while encouraging delegation at appropriate levels
- Ability to maintain professional demeanour and positive attitude in a fast paced, continually changing business environment
- Strong problem resolution skills and experience in dealing directly with internal clients to manage and meet expectations for delivery of services
- Ability to streamline functions and have a passion to learn and grow
- Strong knowledge of internal control requirements for transactional processing required
- Proven organizational and time management skills, along with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify and re-mediate internal control deficiencies
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Law firm experience desirable, but not essential
Looking for more?