Senior Compliance Officer – Grand Cayman
Posted on Aug, 31 2019 | Cayman | Compliance
- The role holder will report directly to the Senior Director – Cayman Office Client Risk & Compliance / MLRO
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the Company has robust arrangements for complying with relevant regulatory requirements, maintain a Client Risk Review function and Registers to adhere to its compliance monitoring programme.
- Act as Compliance Officer in all aspects of Client Compliance and Anti Money Laundering (AML).
- Liaise with Cayman Islands regulatory body, CIMA.
- Overseeing/supervising the client review function within the Client Risk & Compliance Team with assistance from the relevant Administrators to include all matters relating to Client Risk Reviews and Review Meetings.
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing effective compliance/transactional monitoring in accordance with regulatory business requirements.
- Arrange the compilation of the Compliance Report for the monthly Risk Committee Meeting and Board Meeting.
- Manage and mitigate risk through independent programme of thematic reviews and quality assurance checking. Employ a range of investigative techniques including file reviews, desk-based analysis and in depth interviewing.
- Produce and maintain accurate schedules of findings and key review documentation.
- Assist in the production of key review outputs e.g. review reports and participating fully in the identification and assessment of risk.
- Carry out analysis within set parameters and produce reports, summarising trends and key messages for internal and external stakeholders advising business stakeholders of necessary action to ensure compliance.
- Assist with identifying and implementing any amendments to policies and procedures identified as a result of the above and liaising with the Client Risk & Compliance Director and Corporate Governance in respect of the same.
- Liaise with Corporate Governance in respect of any required amendments to procedures arising from on-going mapping of procedures to relevant Legislation/ Codes of Practice.
- Manage the operation of specific Compliance personnel through the checking, delegating and controlling of workloads.
- Conduct annual appraisals and interim reviews for line reports, setting SMART objectives as applicable.
- Attend interviews for new recruits where required.
- Provide Risk & Compliance support in respect to projects relating to AML and Compliance matters.
- Promote awareness of regulatory principles and requirements on a day to day basis.
- Plan and implement strategy and activities with the Client Risk & Compliance team consistent with the aims and requirements of the Group, the team’s Business Plan and KPI’s.
- Arrange the delivery of training to all divisions.
- Awareness and adherence to contractual and statutory obligations under the Group’s policies, procedures and guidelines, including the Group’s core values and expected behaviours, acting as a guide in this respect to more junior members of the team.
- Develop self and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level and in-house procedures.
- Ensure the spirit of the Company is engendered and shared within the Group.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the Board.
- Train, develop, motivate and monitor the progress of employees within the Client Compliance Team.
- Must have five years+ Compliance experience.
- Must be a team player and have a passion for Compliance work.
Looking for more?