Posted Nov 21, 2023 by Invenio
The role involves overseeing financial reporting, management reporting, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), and transaction processes within the reinsurance vertical. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and compliance in various reporting and analysis tasks.
**Principal Duties and Responsibilities:**
– Collaborate with shared services functions to complete reserve calculations, analyses, and management reports.
– Provide necessary information for management and board reporting, regulatory filings, transaction analyses, and ad hoc analyses.
– Ensure seamless coordination of business controls within shared service functions and the Company.
– Review materials provided by shared services for accuracy, offering feedback for process improvement.
– Manage the timely preparation of management reports.
– Directly produce reports within functional responsibility.
– Coordinate with peers for reports falling under their responsibility.
– Collaborate with shared services functions for efficient production of analyses.
**Enterprise Risk Management:**
– Develop and maintain Risk Register, Risk Metrics, and Risk Appetite Statement for the Company and its Cayman-based affiliates.
– Coordinate with Risk and other shared services functions to align the ERM program with Group and Cayman-statutory standards.
– Support Group Risk in the development of the Group Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA), ensuring completeness of Cayman-focused analysis.
– Manage the transaction process for the Company.
– Analyze existing and proposed reinsurance transactions and document the analysis.
– Perform additional duties as assigned.
**Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:**
– Bachelor of Mathematics or equivalent qualification.
– Qualified actuary or actuarial student actively pursuing exams.
– Significant years of reinsurance experience.
– Experience in reviewing reinsurance transaction contracts, analyses, and pricing models.
– Extensive knowledge of investment products, financial markets, and corporate finance.
– Good understanding of the control environment.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including complex formulas and macros.
– High standards for quality, attention to detail, and strong communication skills.
– Strong project management and delivery skills.
– Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritize tasks.
– Capability to make sound business decisions.
For an immediate response and a confidential conversation about this position, please contact:
Katelyn Quinn | email@example.com | +1 345 769 7000
Alert me to similar Associate – Offshore Actuarial Analytics jobs in Cayman Islands
+1 345 769 7000