Salary $300,000 USD +
A reputable financial institution, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Investment Advisor to join their team in the Cayman Islands. You will be responsible for providing exceptional sales and marketing support for investment solutions to clients and prospects, primarily in the Cayman Islands and Bahamas. Your main objectives will be to partner with Client Relationship Officers (CROs) to offer appropriate investment solutions, support the bank’s regional business development efforts, and attract and enhance client relationships and profitability.
- Provide investment support, education, and guidance to clients, prospects, and CROs.
- Assess client needs, investment experience, return expectations, and risk tolerance.
- Develop comprehensive investment strategies and asset allocation proposals appropriate to each client.
- Coordinate the execution of investment strategies with appropriate products and services.
- Represent the bank at relevant conferences and public events, both regionally and internationally.
- Ensure the use of “open architecture” product selection to ensure a best-in-class product offering.
- Monitor client portfolios for performance, appropriateness, and opportunities.
- Provide regular updates on investment opportunities to clients, prospects, and CROs.
- Coordinate with other global Investment Strategy teams to ensure consistency in strategic and tactical approaches.
- Provide input and support for the development of new business initiatives, product enhancement, and new products.
- Identify and communicate any issues or limitations related to products, platforms, operations, systems, or pricing.
- Stay current on competitors’ investment capabilities, product offerings, and pricing policies.
- Participate in market update meetings with CROs.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points, and address any issues raised by external regulators.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven track record and experience in investment advisory, portfolio management, brokerage, or institutional sales.
- Expertise in investment vehicles across asset classes, including equities, fixed income, mutual funds, currencies, and structured products.
- Deep knowledge of private banking business (onshore and offshore) and its competitive and regulatory environment.
- Strong client-facing and relationship-building skills with at least 10 years of experience in a front-office capacity.
- Focused, with strong sales, analytical, technical, and teamwork skills.
- Strong negotiation, complex problem resolution, communication, and presentation (written and oral) skills.
- Sound judgment, keen sense of urgency, and a high level of professional and personal integrity.
- Education: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a business-related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years’ experience in buy-side financial markets (securities, FX, derivatives).
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Bloomberg and intermediate Excel, including financial modeling.
- Certificates & Licenses: CFA Charterholder required, FINRA Series 7 preferred.
- Other Requirements: Knowledge of foreign languages such as Spanish, French, or Portuguese is a plus.
If you’re interested in applying please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an immediate response and a confidential conversation about this position, please contact:
+1 345 769 7000