- Write and maintain software programs as directed by the Chief or DHoD.
- Organize and oversee the writing and testing of effective program code subject to a peer review process and utilizes the development tools.
- Oversee and develop useful operations manuals to ensure effective and efficient operations at all times.
- Adhere to the most current development methodologies and ensures practices are in place as defined by IT Management.
- Provide timely information to the Chief regarding progress of software and systems projects
- Must develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge of all bespoke programs, both internally and externally created, with emphasis on customer facing web portals.
- Provide effective technical training sessions to end-users to enhance their technical knowledge and skills.
- Provide ongoing coaching, technical advice, and guidance to new programming staff.
- Review and supervise the work prepared by Systems Programmers and Database Administrators to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and guidelines.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; and seven (7) years of experience working as a Software developer or Software Engineer developing robust n-tier application code within a structured development environment.
Must have the following attributes:
- Microsoft .Net
- Strong commercial experience working with C#.
- Experience working with .NET commercially (.NET Core is highly desirable).
- Experience working within an agile development environment.
- Knowledge of SQL and MS SQL Server.
- A good understanding of Azure DevOps.
- Experience working within a Test-Driven Development (TDD environment) is highly desirable.
- Experience working with Web API’s.
- Motivated team player who is delivery focused.
The following would be desirable:
- Experience working for a Regulatory Authority is highly desirable.
- Experience working with modern CI/CD tools, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Automated testing.
- Experience working with cloud platforms and related concepts (Azure) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of messaging systems, such as Azure Service Bus or RabbitMQ.
- Service Fabric.
For an immediate response and a confidential conversation about this position, please contact:
+1 345 769 7000