KYD $35,000 - $40,000K
- Prepare monthly general journals entries for Finance Manager to review and post.
- Prepare monthly bankbook journal entries for Finance Manager to review and post.
- Will ensure the physical tagging new fixed assets, recording of location, and documenting person responsible for the asset.
- Inspect and verify fixed asset twice a year and report any asset damaged, missing, or recommended for disposal to the Finance Manager.
- Prepare Monthly and Bi-weekly payroll for Finance Manager to review and post.
- Ensure all documents are filed, stored properly and maintain the filing system for the Finance Department. This would include the boxing up and storage of closed filing periods. Then creating new files for the new period.
- Maintain inventory list of file storage area and annually recommend files for disposal.
- Provide auditor’s with requested files for the audit review and returned files to proper location.
- Perform minor duties of Accounts Payables Officer in their absence. That will consist of cheque preparation and distribution, mail collection, or as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Perform minor duties of Accounts Receivable Officer in their absence. That will consist of collection of cash from revenue centres and preparing the deposit or as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Spot check and organize inventory counts. Ensure that monthly inventory counts are performed by all departments that maintain an inventory and verify their accuracy.
- Prepare Purchase Orders for the Finance Department.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, seminars, or classes annually.
- Contributes to team effort by assisting in other areas of the Finance Department.
- Education: Minimum requirement is Associates Degree in Accounting/Business Administration. Bachelor’s degree or professional certification would be an asset but not a requirement.
- At least two year of experience of working in Accounting and/or administrative capacity in a business environment.
- Accounting system experience.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen.
- Excellent understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work with confidentiality.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to organize workload, prioritize tasks, and work independently as needed and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Physically fit and able to lift and carry at least 30 lbs.
- Must maintain valid drivers’ license and be able to be insured on company’s vehicles.
Looking for more?