Associate Director, Compliance Services
The Associate Director – Compliance Services, serves as an AML Compliance Officer (“AMLCO”), Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”) and/or Deputy MLRO (“DMLRO”) for a diverse portfolio of Cayman Islands funds and management companies.
Fund clients will include hedge funds, funds of funds, private equity funds, private credit funds and real estate funds with a broad range of investment strategies. Management company clients will include SIBL-Registered Persons acting as investment managers for Cayman funds.
- Take on appointments as AMLCO, MLRO and/or DMLRO for a diverse portfolio of Cayman islands funds and management companies.
- Oversee clients’ AML compliance programs, to ensure that systems and controls are developed and maintained in line with Cayman Islands’ Anti-Money Laundering Regulations and relevant legislation.
- Oversee regular audits of clients’ AML compliance programs.
- Report periodically to clients’ boards of directors on the adequacy of the AML systems and controls, including key findings and recommendations.
- Monitor the Money Laundering Reporting functions for each client.
- Communicate with clients to resolve any potential AML issues.
- Assist in the supervision and monitoring of each employee who acts in a supporting role to the AMLCO, MLRO and/or DMLRO (with respect to performance of those roles).
- Provide expert advice and assist in transformation projects and in the implementation of best practices.
- Coordinate with internal Compliance Department and manage project tasks as appropriate as directed by the Executive Director.
- Carry out duties with minimal oversight.
- Develop, organize, and/or deliver consistent AML compliance related training.
- Manage ad hoc projects in the Cayman Compliance Services function.
- Maintain a high standard in the performance of daily duties and escalate concerns to the Executive Director on a timely basis.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in compliance, governance, risk, financial or consulting roles in the financial services sector.
- Knowledge of the Cayman Islands AML regulatory framework.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Prior Cayman Islands AML compliance experience would be an asset.