Associate Director – Economic Substance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform detailed review of all documentation and communications for assigned portfolio of clients and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the issues at hand and complete awareness of procedures.
• Implement a strategy to deliver an Economic Substance solution in accordance with
the appropriate regulations.
• Oversee the Cayman risk reporting element of the Economic Substance solution.
• Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place to operate a SIBA-Licensed Entity in
• Ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are met for assigned portfolio of clients, including with Economic Substance Act.
• Liaise with investment advisors to implement appropriate strategies to ensure adequate substance is established in Cayman, with a focus on investment advisors in Asia.
• Assist with designing, implementing and overseeing internal controls and operating procedures.
• Evaluate the risk involved in each situation and prioritize risk levels appropriately.
• Accept appointment as an independent director on investment funds and related entities.
• Keep abreast of all regulatory changes.
• Actively question methods and processes with the key to making the team more effective and efficient.
• Thoroughly review information, opinions, reports, or statements, including financial statements and other financial data, which are prepared or presented by others.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ post-qualification senior financial services experience, with a proven track record of advancement.
• Strong client services experience at management level within the investment funds industry.
• Experience reviewing fund governing documentation and financial statements.
• Proven ability to independently liaise with global service providers, including attorneys, investment managers, brokers etc.
• Firm knowledge of Cayman Islands laws and regulations applicable to Cayman funds and related entities, including the Economic Substance Act, Mutual Funds Act, Private Funds Act, AML Regulations, FATCA and CRS.