Audit Senior – Insurance
Tax free earnings, unparalleled work-life balance and 320 days of sunshine – https://youtu.be/uOCR6dYLUYM
The Cayman Islands is one of the world’s most important financial hubs and the innovator of modern offshore financial system. It is the world’s 3rd most important domicile for Insurance firms (Insurance, Captives, Reinsurance) and Insurance is the largest growth industry in the region.
Invenio have been exclusively engaged to further build out the Insurance Audit practice, of the fastest growing and most disruptive public accounting practice in North America.
Surrounded by industry thought leaders, the culture is unique and fast track promotion is the norm here. They have invested significantly in a proprietary software system that has dramatically reduced the number of hours worked during busy season. As a result, they have been able to implement a policy where during busy season you can work overtime during the week OR, at weekends, not both!
Everyone is accessible, you’ll work with the Partners and Directors who will take personal accountability for your development and encourage you to take the lead in client facing situations.
- Take responsibility for a portfolio of highly complex Insurance, Reinsurance and Captive clients.
- Manage the Audit process – responsible for, or heavily involved in every stage from planning to completion.
- Delegate segments of work to Associate Auditors – monitor and review their work to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Perform effective risk assessments and ensure control parameters are met.
- Report back and present the findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Constantly look for efficiency gains and ways to improve compliance.
- Degree educated in Accounting, Finance, Business or similar field.
- Qualified Accountant – CPA, CA, ACCA, ACA (or close to qualifying).
- Over 2 years’ experience of auditing financial services clients, preferably in Insurance.
- External audit experience gained from a Big 4 or Top 10 firm.
- Experience using US GAAP, IFRS, NAIC and STAT are all desirable.
- Full relocation package.
- A leading remuneration package including bonus and excellent benefits.
- Fast-track promotion and the opportunity to leapfrog grades for those who perform accordingly.
Ideally, we are looking for individuals who can start at the beginning of Q3, to allow time to train up on the internal processes and technology before audit season starts in order to give you the best chance of hitting the ground ruining however, for the right candidate, any start time can be considered.
For a confidential conversation about the position and life on Cayman please apply here and for an immediate response, relevant candidates should reach out to me directly – email@example.com