We are seeking experienced applicants for the position of Estimator.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in project management and estimating
for building construction; be personally motivated, organized and detail-oriented in the
execution of all position-related duties and responsibilities.
The candidate will be responsible for assisting the Head of Estimating and Quantity
Surveying and management in identifying, planning, and implementing process changes
for development and growth of the estimating function. The successful candidate will also
assist in setting position-related and department performance criteria, monitor progress,
and help the company achieve its goals.
Main duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Prepares estimates with the appropriate level of detail for relevant stages of pricing
• Working knowledge of conceptual, schematic, or detailed estimating, along with a
corollary understanding of design / specification development and working
• Working knowledge of contract delivery methods, document formats and support by
• Oversees maintenance of historical and up-to-date cost database development for
• As estimator, assists and supports the estimating team for cost development in
support of internal and external clients.
• Collaborate with clients, design disciplines, and prospective building team members
– trade and material vendors – as necessary to identify and articulate project
requirements and critical performance criteria.
• Collaborate with Project Team to monitor progress, performance, develop and
execute action plans as necessary to ensure project cost, schedule and quality
criteria are met.
• Develop and produce secondary deliverable reports in support of field construction,
such as estimated manpower, plant and equipment, bill of materials, and nominated
building team members.
• Assist Preconstruction Team or Sales and Marketing Department in proposal
presentation to internal and external clients.