Corporate and Finance Associate
Cayman | Legal
US $140-US$185k DOE plus relocation package if required plus pension and healthcare as per Cayman Islands law
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within the Corporate and Finance team in the Cayman Islands office advising on a wide range of cross-border transactions;
- Corporate and commercial matters, including mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and club deals, equity financings, corporate restructurings, and listings; and Banking and finance transactions;
- Provide technically sound advice and highly responsive service to clients;
- Assist in developing and expanding client relationships important to the Firm’s success, and become a valued resource to clients;
- Draft accurately to the highest standard and produce high-quality complex research;
- Maintain a sustained record of revenue generation and profitability, follow recommended billing rates, manage costs appropriately, and ensure personal utilisation meets expectations;
- Participate in the development of the Firm’s know-how, share knowledge, and (when required) participate in conferences, seminars and internal training.
- Top academics including a minimum 2.1 LLB and commendation at LPC level or equivalent;
- 3-5 PQE in a top international law firm specialising in corporate and finance;
- Must be a qualified Cayman Islands attorney or a qualified lawyer in England & Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Canada, Australia and/or New Zealand;
- The firm is looking for a team player;
- Excellent analytical, organisation and communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to support efforts to attract new clients and develop new initiatives;
- Strong commercial awareness, orientation of services towards client requirements and ability to operate to the highest standards.
Looking for more?