Senior T&D Line Planner – Grand Cayman
Our client is a leading Energy Services business operating in the Cayman Islands. An exciting opportunity has arisen with them for a Senior T&D Line Planner to join their busy team.
As Senior T&D Line Planner you will be responsible for:
– Responsible for designing single-phase and three-phase large line extensions, connections for large/complex residential or commercial developments. Perform transformer loading calculations and fuse coordination for lateral taps and provide technical support and guidance to team. Assisting Supervisor with organizing, monitoring progress, and reviewing/approving final designs for compliance with T&D Construction Standards;
– Conduct site inspections of team’s work and provide design support to colleagues to identify improvements and/or design requirements. Review project estimates to achieve and maintain a high level of accuracy to minimize project variances;
– Meet with land owners and/or agents and discuss Company requirements to obtain the necessary way-leaves to install poles, anchors and the various underground equipment required for the supply and maintenance of electricity. Utilize and effectively communicate key safety requirements such as Line Clearances, installation of customer equipment, necessary setbacks etc.;
– Liaise and meet with government departments, other utilities, property developers, architects, contractors, and electricians to promote knowledge sharing and effective communication as it relates to the Company’s requirements and policies related to the T&D System;
– Perform project management duties for all large projects and promote a project management culture amongst the team. Implement and support industry standard project management skills and processes amongst the team;
– Prepare system switching orders for distribution work to establish clearances or reconfigure the system to accommodate the works required for self and team projects;
– Assisting/standing in for Supervisor and performing supervisory, and/or any other duties from time to time or as requested.
The successful candidate will have the following:
– A minimum of a two-year diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology or similar, and/or 15 years’ T&D utility planning and design experience required;
– Successfully completed a Staking certification course, or completion of a course similar in nature;
– Proficiency in H.T.E. Work Order and Estimating Program, Microsoft Office programs, Partner Staking Software;
– Knowledge and experience with NESC & Lines Construction (Lineman’s) preferred;
This opportunity is ideal for an experienced Line Planning specialist looking for an offshore opportunity and lifestyle. It would suit a single person or couple relocating with a small family. There is a competitive tax free salary on offer with strong benefits.