Global Head of Applications Support
Cayman Islands |
- Leads the Application Support Teams, working with both the Digital Delivery Team and the Project Management Office to schedule and ensure that software solutions both in-house developed and commercially sourced are planned, implemented and maintained to highest standards. Sets and executes strategic initiatives for teams.
- Ensures that all Applications are maintained and perform to the agreed service level agreements. Provide 2nd and 3rd line support to the COTS, SaaS and In-House Developed Application suite.
- Support the appropriate Architect’s in setting a clear articulation of a clear strategy for the application stack. Ensure all subsequent initiatives and projects fit into that strategy. Support the firm on it’s the Legal Tech journey.
- Own and support the firm’s new hybrid integration platform, ensuring that the service remains available and setting standards that Developers both internally and externally must adhere to.
- Assist in the decisions process when the firm decides on
- Acts as a technical evangelist and negotiates with vendors to ensure that return on technology investment is maximized.
- Collaborates with other IT leaders to optimize, support, and secure systems. Works with the Risk Management team to establish and maintain appropriate controls to assure data security and regulatory compliance.
- Develops and oversees policies and procedures with respect to systems design and delivery, including the management of service levels, performance, availability, and capacity. Oversees configuration and release management procedures.
- Assists the IT Leadership with the preparation of the annual IT budget and ensures that the IT spend on systems and applications adheres to fiscal controls by monitoring financials during the course of the year.
- Carries out any other duties commensurate with the purpose of the role.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in IT, with at least 5 years’ leadership experience, preferably managing multi-disciplined technology professionals in a legal or professional services firm
- Proven track record of managing and delivering technology projects, preferably backed by an industry certification such as PMP
- BSc degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- Thorough understanding of the ITIL framework and ITSM best practices
- Strong understanding of data architecture and integration principles
- Key systems used by include Aderant Expert, iManage Work, ViewPoint, LexisNexis Interaction, and SharePoint. While deep technical knowledge of these systems is not a prerequisite, a very good understanding of these and other current and emerging law-firm technologies would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with owning the release management process from pipelines in Azure DevOps
- Experience in the field of Legal Tech (data extraction, analytics, legal workflows, etc) would be much appreciated.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to influence, facilitate, and negotiate both internally at all levels of the organization, and with suppliers/vendors
- A creative thinker with ability to identify innovative business solutions and the ability to develop and implement strategic organization and resourcing plans.
Looking for more?