Head of Applications and Systems Development
Cayman | IT
US$180-200k plus bonus and package
- Leads the Business Systems and Software Development teams, working with the Project Management Office to schedule and prioritise initiatives, and ensuring that systems are planned, implemented and maintained to highest standards. Sets and executes strategic initiatives for teams.
- Lead the articulation of a clear strategy for the firms application stack. Ensure all subsequent initiatives and projects fit into that strategy.
- Strong focus on leading the Development team. Organise the team along Agile and DevOps principles and scale it up to meet business demand.
- For all new business requirements, lead the Build vs Buy vs Reuse decision-making process.
- Acts as a technical evangelist and negotiates with vendors to ensure that firm’ return on technology investment is maximised.
- Collaborates with other IT leaders to optimise, support, and secure firms’ systems. Works with the Risk Management team to establish and maintain appropriate controls to assure data security and regulatory compliance.
- Develops and oversees policies and procedures with respect to systems design and delivery, including the management of service levels, performance, availability, and capacity. Oversees configuration and release management procedures.
- Assists the CIO with the preparation of the annual IT budget and ensures that the IT spend on systems and applications adheres to fiscal controls by monitoring financials during the course of the year.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in IT, with at least 5 years’ leadership experience, preferably managing multi-disciplined technology professionals in a legal or professional services firm;
- A strong experience in leading development teams is required;
- Proven track record of managing and delivering technology projects, preferably backed by an industry certification such as PMP;
- Thorough understanding of the ITIL framework and ITSM best practices;
- Strong understanding of data architecture and integration principles;
- Key systems used by the firm include Aderant Expert, iManage Work, ViewPoint, LexisNexis Interaction, and SharePoint. While deep technical knowledge of these systems is not a prerequisite, a very good understanding of these and other current and emerging law-firm technologies would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with low-code development platforms such as Outsystems would also be an advantage.
- Experience in the field of Legal Tech (data extraction, analytics, legal workflows, etc.) would be advantageous.
Looking for more?