Head of Compliance
US$150-180k DOE plus benefits
- Act as the main point of contact between the organisation and the relevant authorities (CIMA/ROC/CARA)
- Serve as a subject matter expert and responsible person for AML/CFT and Regulatory compliance issues.
- Continually advise the Board and Partners of AML and regulatory issues with recommendations for addressing.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and guidances concerning client identification and the prevention of money laundering and the combating of terrorist financing.
- Assist attorneys and support staff in complying with anti-money laundering policies and procedures.
- Manage sanctions screening for the Group
- Keep staff abreast of developments in local laws and best practices and their impacts in the field of anti-money laundering and risk management through dissemination of articles, opinions and other information obtained from pertinent sources such as compliance associations, regulators and government bodies.
- Continuously ensure the Group gathers appropriate “know your client” documentation from clients with respect to new matters involving relevant financial business and new entities.
- Complete quarterly compliance and risk reporting for the Group
- Provide AML and regulatory advice to clients, as required
- A professional or recognized compliance designation (e.g. ICA or ACAMS)
- At least 3 years’ senior experience in a regulated or supervised environment
- A high-level understanding of international policy in the fields of anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing by groups such as the Financial Action Task Force
- Extensive knowledge of Cayman Islands requirements in relation to anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing and sanctions compliance
- A good understanding of different corporate structures used in the offshore market and CDD requirements
Looking for more?