Junior Software Developer
Cayman Islands |
- Under direct supervision, designs, codes, tests, modifies and debugs computer software. Researches and analyses program or systems problems and develops program documentation. Translates business requirements into development activities in secure and maintainable code.
- Participates in all aspects of software development within the Walkers application lifecycle management framework leveraging development best practices and tooling such as Azure DevOps.
- Work with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Architects, Business Analysts, Application Support and stakeholders from the business to agree, prioritise, and validation requirements and features.
- Works within a team of Developers to implement, test, deliver and service transition into support teams any required software solutions that support business processes.
- Collaborate with the Walkers Architect’s to design and build product deliverables according to standards, patterns and EA principles. Escalates technical design or requirements issues to the allocated Product Owners, Business Analysts and/or Scrum Masters.
- Works with the allocated squad Scrum Master and PO to plan sprints and ensures delivery within the agreed sprint timeframe. Follows good development practices and software development life cycle methodologies throughout product development.
- Creates and maintains the required documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences following internal process like the Architectural Review Board (ARB).
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Lead Developer from time to time.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- At least 1 years’ experience in in Full Stack or Cloud Developer roles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience in Microsoft .NET (MVC)
- Basic web technologies including HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Version control system (e.g., Git)
- Agile Development methodologies
- Relational Database Management Systems (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Server-side languages/technologies/frameworks such as dot net, java, go, etc.
- Desired but not essential knowledge of the Microsoft Power Platform (Apps, BI, Automate, Virtual Agents)
- Previous experience or a desire to work with Azure Web Apps, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Service Bus, Azure API management and Event Grid.
Looking for more?