Learning and Development Officer
Cayman | Legal
US$75,000-US$90,000 per annum plus benefits
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Learning and Development Team, the post-holder will ensure the smooth deployment of the learning and development strategy, and will be responsible for delivering the existing suite of professional skills training through a variety of learning delivery methods in order to support colleagues across the Group, including face to face and via video conference for groups of all sizes
- The successful candidate will act as a key contact for any new joiner in their first weeks at the firm, role modelling the firms values and will provide colleague support, answer ad-hoc queries on systems, tools and applications and provide further training as necessary.
- The candidate will be expected to support the design and redesign of learning and development interventions according to stakeholder requirements and in line with guidance from the Learning and Development Manager and the Learning and Development Design Technology Officer, and will be expected to design, improve and regularly update the Learning and Development Team intranet pages and the resources held there.
- The candidate will also develop and maintain effective working relationships within the firm, building credibility with internal stakeholders and will demonstrate a development mind-set by maintaining own systems knowledge and broadening exposure to, and experience of other learning and development initiatives in order to ensure that the objectives of the Learning and Development Team are delivered efficiently and effectively.
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or formal training qualification or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience in a related discipline and the commitment to achieve a relevant qualification in order to ensure excellence in your design and delivery of learning and development initiatives
- A strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is essential
- A strong working knowledge of Aderant Expert, InterAction, BigHand, FileSite, ViewPoint and Microsoft SharePoint would be ideal
- Previous experience in a law firm or fiduciary setting would be an advantage.
- Requires experience in training and presentation skills in both 1:1 and group settings
- Must display confidence in using a variety of learning delivery methods to support colleagues globally
- Ability to work independently using own initiative but also collaboratively, as part of a diverse global team
- Highly efficient organiser, with the ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, and a willingness to work overtime at short notice including weekends as necessary
- Clear and confident communicator, able to create and maintain accurate and professional written training records and resources
- Due to the nature of the position, a high degree of integrity, a proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality and the ability to pay attention to detail is essential.
Looking for more?