Legal Secretary – Corporate
Cayman Islands |
US$70-85k plus benefits
- Preparing, editing and formatting of initial drafts of documents, including board minutes, director resolutions, shareholder resolutions, power of attorney, structured finance transaction documentation, mutual fund documentation, share certificates, entries for registers of mortgages and charges, and legal opinions
- Assisting with the formation of companies and limited partnerships, fund registrations, ship registrations, registration of trusts, secured lending and compliance, including the preparation of first drafts of documents
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations, pitches and RFP proposals
- Processing searches and liaising with Government and other corporate bodies regularly
- Making necessary filings with all internal and external bodies
- Managing the attorneys’ billing and collection system, including time entries, drafting invoice narratives and assisting with AR collection
- Maintaining effective and efficient document management and filing systems
- Arranging travel and meetings, diary management, marketing notes and processing expense claims
- Participating in special projects as and when required
- Providing support to other members of the secretarial team
- Ideally over 3+ years relevant experience i.e. as a corporate legal secretary at a law firm
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ideally experience using: CORIS, CIMA REEFS, iManage, Viewpoint, Billing and CRM systems.
- Experience of Aderant is highly desirable but not essential.
- Relevant Legal qualifications would be advantageous i.e secretarial, paralegal and/or Project Management qualifications
Looking for more?