Cayman | Administration/Support
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the prompt delivery of received communications to the intended recipient, all outgoing deliveries and external collections are completed in a timely manner and the maintenance of supplies in working areas.
- Receives all incoming post, courier packages and packages and attends to the distribution of the
same within 15 minutes of receipt. Troubleshoots unclaimed post using AdEx and Amicus and
forwards any unclaimed post to the Head of Operations and Human Resources.
- Collects, sorts and delivers internal mail every 30 minutes.
- Receives instructions and messages via radio transmission from the Mailroom Supervisor or other
- Attends the archive to retrieve and store documents as requested by Associates and Secretaries.
- Dispatches courier packages using in-house service, Sprint, Fedex and DHL and maintains a dispatch log of the same. Responsible for entering all courier charges into the accounting software.
- Maintains adequate levels of supplies (including water, binders, tabs, toner, paper and stationery) in
all working areas. Reporting supply shortages to the Mailroom Supervisor.
- Receives outgoing packages for in-person collection and maintains a written log of the collection
- Provides photocopy support for large copy jobs when requested.
- Delivers and collects the post from the Post Office twice daily at times put in place by Mailroom
Supervisor/Head of Operations and Human Resources.
- Ensures the firm vehicle is kept clean (inside and out), attends to filling the vehicle with gasoline as
necessary and reports any maintenance issues to the Mailroom Supervisor (as back-up to the
mailroom clerk – deliveries employee).
- Responsible for ensuring the firm vehicle is parked in the allocated delivery zone when on firm
premises, locks doors at all times, and returns the vehicle to the building each evening. Ensures the
vehicle is only driven by authorised personnel with prior permission from the Mailroom Supervisor,
Head of Operations and Human Resources or Managing Partner. Always wears a seat belt when
driving the firm vehicle and abides by all traffic laws and regulations (as back-up to the mailroom
clerk – deliveries employee).
- Corresponds with internal team members as necessary when out of the office via mobile phone
(hands free operation only).
- Assists with processing of incoming post, courier packages and faxes on behalf of the firm and
attends to the distribution of the same.
- Provides assistance to the Mailroom Supervisor in forwarding incoming post addressed to various
- Collects and processes (sorts and franks) all outgoing mail/internal deliveries to be sent to the Post
Office twice daily at times put in place by Mailroom Supervisor/Head of Operations and Human
- Attends to the prompt delivery of outgoing local courier packages as well as collecting documents,
and other packages/items as required and maintains a delivery log.
- Carries out administrative requests to collect packages, stationery and facilities related requests and other items as requested.
- Attends to performing scheduled drop off and pick-ups from the Registrar of Companies and Lands and Surveys daily. Also attends to the banking runs daily (as back-up to the mailroom clerk – deliveries employee).
- Assists in moving heavy objects like furniture and boxes when required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must have prior Mailroom experience.
Looking for more?