Cayman Islands |
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components, assuring adherence to industry standards.
- Establish connectivity and uptime service level agreements.
- Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of company networks.
- Ensure network and IP connectivity of all workstations, application servers, and back-end office infrastructure.
- Influence the broader strategy for the department which will involve cross-functional collaboration
- Works closely with the infrastructure team to deliver global system stability and availability.
- Participates in projects: Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts. Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Documentation: Develops and maintains technical documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Operational Duties: Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on. Inspect, maintain, and where necessary replace network cabling, voice/data jacks, and other network-related equipment.
- Monitoring: Monitors and analyses network performance across the organization’s LAN, WAN, and wireless deployments. Identify and remedy network performance bottlenecks and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual IT budget.
- Carries out any other duties commensurate with the purpose of the job.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior network role.
- Relevant professional certifications that validate the fundamental skills required to manage the above technologies including; Palo Alto PCNSE, HP Aruba ACSA or ASA, Cisco CCNP or CCIE certification
- Extensive experience of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, Token ring, OSPF, LACP, Trunking, VLANs, TCP/IP, and so on.
- Extensive experience of software defined and cloud based networking.
- Experience working in a switched and routed environment.
- Experience troubleshooting complex Hardware, software and networks.
- Experience of current network hardware, including HP, Riverbed, Cisco, Brocade, and Aruba.
- Strong knowledge of network management and analysis tools, including Solarwinds Network Configuration Manager.
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS/AV and other network security measures.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge of industry standards and roadmaps applicable to the offshore
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritise tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to function efficiently and autonomously to achieve key strategic goals for the team, and effectively manage time across parallel work stream
- Ability to work in an on-call support function within the team to provide 24/7/365 outside of core working hours through a structured team rota system
- Ability to travel if required both regionally and globally for working needs
Looking for more?