Paralegal – Dispute Resolution
BVI | Legal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct legal research
- Undertaking searches at Partner(s) request
- Draft and amending legal documents, notarial certificates and correspondence and plans for presentation in court at Partner(s) request
- First line of communication between Partner(s) and Client
- Ensure that all new client matters are accurately set up in the client accounting and database system including research to satisfy due diligence requirements
- Maintain and amend client records and contact names
- Ensure files are kept up to date (including filing of emails and correspondence) when active and that files are closed/archived once the matter is concluded
- Undertake and manage client specific BD arrangements for Partners
- Provide complete assistance to fee-earners and clients regarding various legal issues
- Identify and retrieve information necessary to support legal decision-making
- Such other duties as the firm may reasonably require from time to time.
- Ideally you are a working as a paralegal currently in BVI, the Caribbean or in England & Wales
- Previous legal experience or relevant Legal studies complete (LLB/GDL/LPC) is essential
- Previous experience of (or an understanding of) Time Entry principles to fully manage own targeted
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Outlook/Excel
- Administrative and document management experience
- Must have excellent organisation, administration and communication skills to undertake work at a high-level and of a confidential nature
- Ability to efficiently manage own time and prioritise workflow.
Looking for more?