Paralegal – primarily Litigation support
Cayman | Legal
- Litigation support:
- Filing and serving documents
- Preparation of bundles, exhibits, and other materials for filing/lodging, including (in particular) dealing with electronic bundles, bulk scanning of documents, uploading/downloading of web-based documentation, collation and organisation of electronic documentation and so on
- Assisting in relation to listing of hearings
- Liaising with the court and opposing firms in relation to such matters
- Assisting in relation to discovery and review of documentation
- Assisting with research and locating case law
- Logistical support in relation to court hearings
- Administrative and logistical support in relation to visiting counsel
- Monitoring court lists
- Assisting in relation to recovery of costs, including preparation of costs schedules, bills of costs etc
- Assisting in relation to drafting of litigation documents where appropriate
- Strong IT skills are required, including familiarity with Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe (critical in relation to compiling exhibits and bundles) and an ability to adapt to other applications/platforms
- A current (clean) driving licence will be required given the need to travel to/from court/opposing firms.
- Ability to work under significant time pressure and flexibility are also critical
- General office administration support:
- Given the limited secretarial capacity, the paralegal will also need to be prepared to assist with answering the phones, greeting visitors to the office, providing assistance in relation to client meetings taking place in the office, carrying out typing tasks from time to time, copying/bundling, collecting the post from the firm mailbox and other such general administration tasks
- Assisting in relation to compliance tasks such as preliminary review of KYC documentation.
- Transactional support:
- Although not intended to be a core element of the role, the paralegal should also be prepared to assist with transactional matters, including property completions and assisting in relation to general corporate matters.
Looking for more?