Regulatory Lawyer – Counsel
The successful candidate will have exposure to some of the best offshore legal work in the market and will work as part of, and be supported by, a highly successful and collegiate team. The key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advising clients on a wide range of financial services regulatory and compliance matters such as AML/CFT, Data Protection, FACTA/CRS and other international initiatives such as the OECD BEPS regime, as well as contentious and non-contentious advice, such as regulatory reporting obligations.
- Liaising with regulatory, administrative and enforcement authorities.
- Researching, analysing and developing policy and legislation.
- Working with a client base that comprises blue chip domestic and international clients, as well as prestigious foreign law firms.
- Engaging in business development activities, being active in the promotion of the firm and seeking opportunities for new work and cross-selling.
- Working as part of an expanding team and taking an active part in mentoring and sharing knowledge and expertise.
- 10+ years’ post-qualification experience as a regulatory lawyer, ideally gained within a top-tier law firm.
- Admitted to practice in a recognised Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- It is essential that all candidates have a strong academic background, outstanding technical skills, and excellent communication and drafting skills.
- The ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues and work well in a team environment.
Benefits include 5 weeks’ vacation (pro-rated for part years), health insurance and a pension plan. Competitive remuneration package is based on qualifications and experience and includes a discretionary end-of-year bonus.