Senior Associate/Partner – Fiduciary/Trusts
Jersey | Legal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and participate generally in the successful growth of the firm’s Fiduciary team.
- Provide non-contentious trust law advice on a wide range of matters
- Take an active role in business development and marketing the department and firm to existing and potential new clients
- Work autonomously in advising clients on the full breadth of trust and foundations matters with little or no supervision from the practice partner
- Establishing private trust companies/private trustee foundations
- Drafting supplemental trust instruments including advice around chain indemnities
- Advising on pension trusts or a willingness to upskill in this area
- Advising on regulatory matters which impact upon trustees such as CRS, FATCA, Beneficial Ownership Register and Register of Trusts
- Drafting trusts with reserved powers and bespoke protector committee provisions
- Provide accurate, informed fee estimates, ensure such estimates are updated where scope of work changes and handle billing conversations with clients
- Contribute to the development of Know How and precedents when drafting complex documents
- Build and maintains relationships with clients, to help retain and attract more clients and work to the business. Actively contribute to the development of clients and contacts for the whole Firm
- Act as a main point of contact with clients and take a proactive role in developing relationships with key clients.
- Work with others to ensure a cross-departmental approach is taken to client management.
- Recognise and exploit cross-selling opportunities.
- Encourage others in the team to look for ways to increase income for the Firm.
- Have a good understanding of activities and services of competitors and have mechanisms in place to keep up to date.
- Clearly understand the Firm’s strategy and look for ways that the department can work with other groups to further develop opportunities. Participate effectively as a member of the team involved in winning business
- Play an active role in the Firm’s CSR initiatives and encourage those within the team to get involved
- Actively promote the Firm’s public profile
- Support partners in the management and training of more junior fee earners and
- Demonstrate effective supervision and guidance to junior lawyers/trainees to develop the skills of the team. Delegate and manage the work of trainees and junior lawyers appropriately and monitor the progression of work, providing appropriate guidance when required.
- Qualified lawyer (solicitor or barrister, qualified in a common law jurisdiction)
- Senior Associate must be 5-8 PQE ideally
- Partner position will be at least 8 years’ PQE+ in non-contentious trust work
- Experienced in drafting offshore structures
- International tax expertise.
Looking for more?