Senior Litigation Legal Secretary
Cayman Islands |
US$80-103k plus benefits
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Firm’s secretarial policies and all applicable administrative procedures relevant to the department
- Prepare documents, presentations, undertaking research and analysis as required
- Execute specialized assignments with minimal supervision in relation to investment vehicles, regulated entities, court filings and procedures
- Draft correspondence for the fee earner(s)’s review, checking that all work is accurate and follow Firm’s standards
- Ensuring appropriate file management systems are in place, including the filing of emails
- Active diary management and gatekeeping, including coordinating complex travel and resource requirements
- Time recording, matter opening, expenses, compliance, new business intake, etc.
- Prompt processing of expenses (including invoicing)
- Interact professionally and confidently with fee earners, clients, courts, government agencies/professional organizations and colleagues
- Assist legal team with non-client matters, which may include miscellaneous work generated from outside activities and ‘pro bono’ legal work
- Assist in research projects to support lawyers’ business development plans, including conference and market research as well as competitor analysis
- Assist with organizing client gifts
- Coach other legal secretaries
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience in a senior secretarial role within a major onshore of offshore law firm in litigation
- Working knowledge of a professional services firm, law firm background a plus.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize work from various sources and work outside normal office hours to meet deadlines as necessary
- Proven ability to be discreet and treat confidential information appropriately
- Work closely with service providers and clients based both locally and overseas
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use technology, database, presentation and spreadsheet software at an advanced level
- Ability to adhere to the highest level of accuracy when generating work
- Excellent oral and business writing communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, can work effectively with people at all professional levels in a multi-office environment.
Looking for more?