Senior Network Engineer
Cayman Islands |
- This requirement is for a senior network engineer based within the Cayman location working as part of the global 24/7 IT Infrastructure team.
- The Senior Network Engineer role is responsible for the management and ongoing maintenance of network systems technologies across the enterprise. The role requires activity in the planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all local and global wide area network services, associated software and communication links. This person will also troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyses and monitor network traffic.
- Core technologies for which the incumbent is responsible include networking hardware and software, WAN\LAN technologies and communication systems. The incumbent will work alongside the lead network engineer and the IT function to ensure the network enterprise is managed and remains available 24/7/365.
- This is a hands-on role, and in-depth technical knowledge is required with respect to a number of core networking devices including HPE\Aruba switches and access points, Cisco Meraki Wi-Fi, Palo Alto networks and firewalls, Riverbed, NetApp Storage, Pure Storage, Teams Voice, Mitel PBX, Citrix Netscaler and Kemp load balancing technologies.
- Install and configure network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs and any other relevant ancillaries typical to the role.
- Inspect, maintain, and where necessary replace network cabling and other network-related equipment.
- Perform scheduled monitoring and analysis of all aspects of network performance across the organization’s LAN, WAN, and wireless deployments. Identify and remedy network performance bottlenecks and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands.
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components whilst ensuring adherence to industry standards.
- Establish connectivity and uptime service level agreements.
- Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of company networks.
- Ensure network and IP connectivity of all workstations, application servers, and back-end office infrastructure.
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to deliver global system stability and availability.
- Participate in projects, conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Enforce the default levels and standards expected within technology equipment rooms, data-centres, equipment racks, cabling standards, patching and records keeping.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior network role.
- Extensive experience of network systems, Global configuration standards, relevant protocols and standards across all leading vendor products and services within the enterprise space.
- Experience of software defined and cloud-based networking.
- Experience working in an enterprise level global networking role.
- Experience troubleshooting complex hardware, software and networks.
- Experience of existing global hardware products including Cisco, Palo Alto, Veeam, Rubrik, Aruba, Meraki, HP, NetApp, Flow etc.
- Experience of network management and analysis tools, including Logic Monitor, Data dog, Solar winds, Network Config Manager and other equivalent market products.
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS/AV and other network security measures.
Looking for more?