Systems Support Anaylst
Cayman Islands |
- End-user IT support: Provides support for users with computer problems. Responds to IT service desk phone and email requests. Records the details of incidents and requests. Acts as an escalation point to other service desk staff. Resolves issues where possible, and escalates issues to other IT staff as necessary. Provides occasional out-of-hours support on an ad-hoc basis.
- Software installation and maintenance: Uses and configures available tools to manage the deployment of applications and patches. Installs and configures Microsoft Office and other applications. Performs preventative maintenance to optimise systems’ security, reliability and performance.
- Telephony and videoconference support: Assists users with the establishment of audio and videoconference calls. Deploys smartphones and other mobile devices and supports their users. liaises with telephone service providers.
- Hardware installation and maintenance: Assists with the installation of computer hardware. Assists with hardware repairs, maintenance and upgrades. Arranges the replacement/repair of faulty items that are covered under warranty agreements with vendors. Securely decommissions end-of-life hardware.
- Operational duties: Performs scheduled operational duties including systems capacity and performance checks and running reports. Administers user accounts in various systems, including on-boarding new staff, staff changes and leavers. Resolves operational issues where possible, and escalates issues to other IT staff as necessary.
- Systems administration tasks: Assists the wider IT team with the deployment and management of applications, systems, and server and network hardware and software.
- Technology projects: Assists the wider IT team with the development, testing and transition of new or upgraded applications and services.
- Other tasks as required from the business from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an IT related discipline and at least one year of experience in a similar systems support role. At least 5 years’ experience of working on an IT Service Desk in the legal industry would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of current Microsoft Windows operating systems (desktop and server), Microsoft Active Directory, and fundamental networking and communications technologies.
- Working knowledge of other Microsoft technologies including Microsoft Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, Azure Cloud, Group Policy, and SCCM.
- Knowledge of law-firm and corporate services technologies an advantage, such as ViewPoint, Aderant Expert and iManage.
- Appreciation of ITIL or similar service management frameworks. Good understanding of cyber security principles and best practice.
- Ability and willingness to participate in a shift system and occasionally weekend and outside of normal working hours/days when requested.
Looking for more?